Belarusian Congress of Democratic Trade Unions
The Association of Trade Unions “Belarusian Congress of Democratic Trade Unions” (BKDP) is a voluntary association of democratic, free and independent trade unions, created to coordinate their activities, to implement statutory goals and objectives.
Top 5 relevant objectives of the BKDP:
- Ensuring the participation of independent trade unions in social partnership at the national level, signing the General Agreement between the government, employers’ associations and trade unions;
- Expressing, representing and protecting interests and rights of member organizations at the national, industry and enterprise level;
- Developing a strategy and tactics for an independent trade union movement in Belarus;
- Participating in the development and improvement of legislation and implementing public control over the observance of labour laws;
- Identifying violations of the rights of trade unions and their members and ensuring their protection by all legal and available means, including appeals to the ILO and other international organizations;